CONGRATULATIONS ON BOOKING YOUR MINI CEREMONY WITH THE VOW EXCHANGE!
Welcome to the MINI CEREMONY PLANNING PORTAL! Here you will find helpful information as you prepare for your wedding with us.
1) THE MARRIAGE LICENSE
- The Vow Exchange is not able to issue marriage licenses, however the couple may obtain a marriage license in any county as long as it is within the State of Missouri. A license from any other state (including Kansas) will NOT result in a legal marriage at our facility. Couples needing a certified copy in a hurry for legal purposes, can request it by personally returning the completed license to the courthouse (for Jackson County) or by pre-paying for a certified copy when applying for the license. For information on obtaining a Missouri State marriage license, visit: http://www.jacksongov.org/content/3310/3356/3358/default.aspx
- Couples will need to obtain their marriage license no later than 30 days before their event. Licenses expire exactly 30 days after the issue date, so be careful not to get the license too far out from the event date. Expired licenses will not result in a legalized marriage.
2) What to tell your guests
- As you may already know, The Vow Exchange at The Crossroads is a bit tucked away. Below is a link to send to your guests with our location and parking information as well as the address to include on your invitations.
1701 McGee Street Suite 800
Kansas City, MO
3) ARRIVING FOR YOUR MINI CEREMONY
- The couple and guests should plan on arriving no more than 15 minutes before the start time so the Host can get you checked in.
- The couple and guests will have access to our waiting area prior to the scheduled Mini Ceremony appointment time.
- The couple and guests will be admitted into The Vow Exchange ceremony space once BOTH PARTICIPANTS in the ceremony (ie. Bride AND Groom) have checked in with the Host. (NOTE: Individuals in your group will NOT be admitted into The Vow Exchange ceremony space until BOTH PARTICIPANTS in the ceremony have checked in).
- Remember to bring your Missouri State Marriage License and at least one witness (18 years or older) with you so we can make your marriage legal. The Vow Exchange Host will be available to serve as 1 of the 2 required witnesses if needed.
- The Host will collect your marriage license for your officiant to complete upon check-in.
- All ceremonies are to begin PROMPTLY at the scheduled wedding start time.
- Mini Ceremony Wedding reservations are scheduled back-to-back. Couples not ready to start their ceremony at their wedding start time will forfeit their scheduled spot and will have the option to reschedule to another available Mini Ceremony Wedding spot.
4) CEREMONY TIME!
- Your officiant (and photographer if included) will greet you upon the start of your ceremony. He or she will confirm last minute details such as pronunciation of your names etc.
- Mini ceremony processionals (for 30 minute Mini Ceremonies only) can include anyone you like in whatever order you would like. Your host will begin your ceremony by lining up and queuing your wedding party to walk down the aisle to our house classical wedding intro music.
- The ceremony lasts about 5 minutes.
- After the ceremony, the new couple may spend the remainder of their time visiting with guests and taking photos with family & friends.
5) FINAL DETAILS
- Unless otherwise arranged, your officiant will return the official copy for your marriage license to the courthouse via mail on the next business day. Please allow up to 2 weeks for your license to be received and filed by the courthouse.
- For packages including photography, your photographer will send you a USB with your gallery (including all your photos minus any blurry or "off" photos) about 1 week after your Mini Ceremony.
questions or CHANGING YOUR BOOKING
Do let us know if you have a question that is not covered on this page or need to change your booking. Couples are able to upgrade their package or change their date at any time leading up to their Mini Ceremony. (DO NOTE that per the Terms & Conditions, Mini Ceremonies are non-refundable should the couple need to cancel or downgrade to a smaller or shorter Mini Ceremony.) Click below to let us know if you have a question or will be changing your booking: